Monday 7 May 2012

Here's where the story ends

I've spent much of the Bank Holiday weekend in the kitchen sorting spoons in an attempt to try and get away from the in-laws who are one of their interminable visits, and wishing I was at the Oddbox Weekender.

All this has led me to think forward to the ace stuff we've got coming up over the next few months. For our Indietracks warm-up show on 5th July we've got four bands who have never played Nottingham before. September Girls have been added to the bill, and I'm dead excited about seeing all four bands.

Via the magic of the young person's YouTube I can bring you songs by all four bands. Magical!

Sea Lions - Grown Up


September Girls - Hells Bells


Orca Team - I Dream


Joanna Gruesome - Lemonade Grrl


Such is the power of the Indietracks that I've been led, kicking and screaming, into doing warm-down show. This isn't where we jog around the festival site stretching our hamstrings or anything, no - it's where The Smittens play with Standard Fare and August Actually at The Chameleon in Nottingham on 10th July. It's going to be the best way of dealing with having to go back to work, believe me. So I'll see you there.

Lastly, Milky Wimpshake one of my favourite bands ever have agreed to once again play the Nottingham Indiepop All-Dayer on 29th September. I hear on the grapevine that this could be the last ever gig at The Chameleon under the ownership of local legend Nick, so, if it is, we need to make it extra special.

I'm relying on you.

No comments: